Friday, June 19, 2009
Abundance
We recently joined a food co-op with a local farm, Taproot Farms. This time of year it's easy to feel grateful for all the colours, the flavours, the smells of our beautiful valley. Being a worrier I look ahead to the winter and wonder what will happen when the earth has gone back to sleep. Living in the moment is easier said than done, so I'll share a moment that happened this morning. I made eggs benedict for the family with a side of fresh asparagus (don't think we're normally this fancy, we have a visitor from Hong Kong whom I'm trying to impress, so far it's working, she's taking pictures of our meals, oh the pressure,the pressure!); I had a quiet moment of parental pride when my two oldest kids not only didn't comment on the fact that we were having veggies at breakfast, they just ate them! Number three child ate his eggs and when I suggested that he eat the veggies too, he curled up into fetal ball and made gagging noises. I learn everyday that as a parent, 2/3 ain't bad.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment